This recipe is so easy that it’s hard to believe it’s so tasty. And it’s really versatile. Don’t like it spicy? Omit the jalapeño. You could substitute grilled corn for the canned stuff, which would be really yummy. (If you want to do this and haven’t before, shuck 2 ears of corn and place directly onto a very hot grill. Cook for 5 minutes, turning periodically so that all sides get a nice char. Remove from grill and let cool. Cut kernels off cob.) Not a fan of raw red onion? Replace with scallions. It really is easily adaptable and would be delicious in any combination.
- 2 avocados
- 1 jalapeño (minced)
- juice and zest of 2 limes
- 1/2 small red onion (chopped finely)
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 C. frozen corn (thawed and drained)
- 1 can black beans (rinsed and drained)
- 1/2 C. grape tomatoes (quartered)
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 2 T. of chopped cilantro (or parsley)
Mash up avocado but leave chunky. Add lime zest and juice. Stir. Add remaining ingredients and combine thoroughly.